Sunday, November 22, 2015

Sewing on Sunday

Actually got my sewing machine out today........ it's been a while. My little grandaughter, Jaimie, needed some help with a special project for school and asked Gramma for some help.  She's creating a story quilt to help her report on a book that she is reading. Her Mom bought her felt squares and we pieced together a nine block quilt base. Used my Cricut machine to help her find some patterns for the story characters and she will trace and decorate her quilt herself.  While I had the machine out I decided to finish a Christmas stocking for Jacob. Over the years I've made one for each of my grandchildren.They are all different colors and lining prints. Jacob's was started long ago. Thought I'd better finish because now I have another grandchild and a great grandchild who both need their stockings this Christmas.


This picture isn't so great. Couldn't get a good angle. The stockings are fleece outside and fully lined inside with cotton fabric.  Each has a bell and measures about 15 inches tall and 12 inches wide. 

My sentiment today was written by Alex Haley.

Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort
of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.

Hoping that is what I have done today for Jaimie and Jacob.

1 comment: