Sunday, January 10, 2016

Snow Rose

Wanted to experiment a bit and try to make some photo cards. Today I'll show you my first attempt. Well, actually it's my second attempt..... I really blew it on the first photo I tried to use. It was so bad it ended up in the trash but I did learn what NOT to do with photos. I wish I was the creator of the photo used but in reality I found it on the Internet and do not know to whom I should give credit.  It is lovely and for some reason I 'm really drawn to the idea of snow on roses for Valentine's Day. It is still wintry and cold in February where we live so it could be possible.



I used a variety of techniques for this card. The first layer of white card stock was embossed with the heart and scroll design from Spellbinders embossibilities. The background papers are from Paper Wishes and Heidi Swapp glitters. I printed the photo as a border less wallet size. Inside the sentiment was inked with Versamark and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Had fun putting it all together and got just a little braver about using photos as focal points for cards.  Enjoy.

1 comment: