Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Whatever the present moment contains,embrace it as if you had chosen it.

My mantra for the days and weeks ahead of me.  It's a very releasing sentiment if you can make it work for you.  I have been back at card making a little bit.  Trying to work on uplifting and joyful celebrations. Both of the cards I'm displaying are for my lovely daughter Amy, one for her birthday and one for she and her husband's wedding anniversary.  They are close together so I hope she enjoys two times the festivities.



Both are sparkly and full of fun. Again I used an image from Dearie Dolls Digital Stamps as my focal.  Mary Ellen does such a remarkable job of expressing in drawings many of the things we wish to convey. She makes simple card designing and giving so manageable for me.  I find many of her digis fit a wide variety occasions so well it is hard not to use them. My recipients just love them, too.  I've done some ink blending on these cards with Ranger distress inks and some die cutting with Spellbinders' dies. The focal coloring on the birthday card is mine, while the anniversary card focal was a colored digi.  I added some bling, ribbon and Wink of Stella and some Dazzles stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment