Thursday, January 14, 2016

You can't hurt your eyesight by looking at the bright side.

Today, so far, it is really bright! 

I have been working on some birthday cards and Valentine's Day cards this week. With a
family as large as ours birthdays are always popping up. In addition to cards I play with
scrapbooking alot. Right now, in progress, I have six family scrapbooks and fifteen books for the grands and greats. I've only managed to pass on two books to the grandchildren who are married. It's my labor of love for each of them but I find it so hard to turn them over.  All of their pictures and memories are so precious to me, I want them to feel the same way.


Here's the latest contribution to Kaitlyn's scrapbook.  This past summer she really enjoyed the pool at their apartment complex. What bright sunshine!

 

Another card that went to one of my grands, my "dear" Emily was this card's recipient.
She was on my mind while I was working on it. The background paper was the starting inspiration for my composition. The fawn and butterfly are Dazzles stickers that I've highlighted with smooch inks and the lace ribbon is from my collection. I collect all kinds of scraps of ribbon, lace, bias tape, rick rack, cording and anything else I think might work for crafting.
 Other peoples trash becomes part of my stash at times.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your beautiful labors of love will always be treasured by your family Jean - I love the card with the deer and the butterfly!! :)

    ReplyDelete