Friday, February 26, 2016

I'm ready for some blessings that aren't in disguise.

I won't elaborate in depth but my lovely niece who is battling breast cancer has just been told there is malignancy in her second breast and has had surgery moved up. Prayers for her, please  #Sarahstrong.  It's been a difficult year for this family, not complaining, just hoping for some real blessings for those I so love.

Today I was able to garner some time to play with paper.  Easter cards seem to have been the main focus of my endeavors. I must be craving spring - only weeks to go. One of the cards I made was a result of a YouTube video. I follow some very talented artists on their  channels. One of my favorites, Nichol Spohr Magouirk,  created an adorable card using the Simon Says Stamp March card kit. The moment I saw it I knew I had to try her technique on a card of my own.  Have a "peep".


The sentiment inside reads,"You're my kind of Peep".  The photo doesn't reveal the shine(like sugar) on the bunny peeps. My trusty Wink of Stella clear brush pen helped me achieve the look I wanted. I used Ranger Distress markers for the coloring and SimonSaysStamp cardstock, stamps and dies.
 Pastel plaid paper is Carta Bella.

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes to your niece Jean - you must have the strength of Job!!!

    ReplyDelete