Tuesday, April 12, 2016

"Joy is the feeling of grinning inside."

Had to take my mother to the doctor yesterday and was a bit apprehensive about the visit because she was very unsettled the last time we saw her.  So happy to report that she was happy and contented and seems to be adjusting to her new life at assisted living. What a relief for both my sister and me. We had the doctor visit and a wonderful lunch; my niece and her little sweet baby joined us. It was great - thus, I'm grinning on the inside. The quote is from Melba Colgrove.

The card I'm displaying today is a very quickie all occasion card I put together from things I've had in my stash for a long while. The Fleur de Lis background paper is from a 8 X 8 paper pack from Deja Views.  The French blue color is so cheerful. My sentiment inside says "Take time to laugh for it is the music of the soul." 


The Fleur de Lis is often associated with the French monarchy. Writers described the three petals of the  stylized French lily as symbols of faith, wisdom and chivalry. Today it is the official emblem of New Orleans, Louisiana.

1 comment:

  1. Your card is very elegant Jean - and that's great your mom has adjusted so well to assisted living - glad to hear it!! :)

    ReplyDelete