Friday, April 1, 2016

No foolin' it's April!

A beautiful day in our area of the country, too. My windows are open to a slight breeze and sunshine, gorgeous sunshine. Can't get enough of it. This is the third day in a row - so spoiled are we.Yesterday I planted four tomato plants - my small garden patch is looking greener. We have lettuce, green onions, spinach and snap peas in addition to the tomatoes.  My daughter is planting a variety of peppers, cucumbers, squash and more tomatoes, too. My son-in-law is helping and has donated lots of strawberry plants to add to the two blueberry bushes we started last year.  We're no where near self-sustaining but we are at least trying to get a nice harvest. Lots of salad stuff! 

The card I'm showing you today is a very simple card I've put together for one of my granddaughters. I used paper from Die Cuts With a View for the background. Sponged the edges with Distress ink (Broken China) and rounded the bottom corners. The butterfly and clock focal is a 3D foiled paper tole from Paper Wishes. I raised the layers with foam tape for the dimensional effect. The sequins were such a match for the paper I just had to include them and the bling is just to make it "girly".
Inside the sentiment reads "Happy Birthday  This time may be the time that matters most".


1 comment:

  1. Oh Jean - your garden sounds delicious!!! :) Love the colors of that card - very earthy - my fav!! :)

    ReplyDelete