Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Roasting..... and not a chicken

It is unusually warm in the west; actually it's God awful hot and it's only April. Not only that but we are having heat pump cooling problems. Didn't realize how extremely spoiled by the air system we are. Must be our age, huh? On the lighter side, my lilacs are in full bloom and fragrant as ever. With the windows open for a breeze I can smell the lilacs all over the house. Heavenly! We have been busy in the garden, too. My son-in-law set up another raised planting bed for me and so far I've planted basil, thyme and celery. Looking to put in both curly and flat leaf parsley soon and maybe one rosemary plant. I truly hope this experiment goes well. So far everything looks healthy and strong. The strawberries and blueberries are flowering like crazy. 
Hope we get a good crop - enough to make jam.



Here are two quick cards I made over the last week.  My Christmas card for the week and a thank you, because I always need thank you cards. I enjoyed using non-traditional colors for the Christmas card and I tried my hand at foiling again for the thank you card. Also used a cricut cut paper stencil and an ink sponging technique for the scalloped circle behind the Project Life journal cards. Very simple and came together quickly.

1 comment: