Saturday, August 27, 2016

Last weekend in August

I can hardly believe it's almost September but here we are in the last weekend of August and summer is nearly over. Noticed some trees that are beginning to don their fall color as I drove to an appointment yesterday. Yes, autumn is really going to arrive with all it's rich strong colors. On Tuesday our young son starts his second year of school (first grade). He loves school and riding the bus. How did that happen? Seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital and praying we would be good parents to this little miracle grandchild. Despite the many challenges and obstacles he's had to face he continues to shine brightly and is the light of both our lives. Never ever a dull moment.
Since my last post, I was able to try making another batch of jam. This time I made a raspberry and nectarine jam. Just a very small batch this time; it resulted in five 8 ounce jars. I experimented with a recipe that called for peaches (I used nectarines) and reduced the sugar content to help my diabetic husband be able to enjoy more of it. The taste is great, the texture a little "softer" than I would have preferred but all in all I consider it a success. Next time I will cook the mixture a bit longer to get more of a hard set to the jam.
Of course, I have another card to show you today. Must create many many more for all the upcoming September birthdays on my calendar. This one goes to one of my granddaughters - a true "fashionista". She has a room in her home set up for her make up, clothes and shoes. Lucky girl. I used my Cricut machine to cut the delicate leaf sprig. The pink background is Distress Ink (Worn Lipstick) over the embossed printed words. Just enough bling for a girly girl!


Bye, till next time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeannie - I imagine the first day of school is as exciting for you and John as it is for Jacob - it's wonderful what you all have together - bless your hearts. :)

    ReplyDelete