Thursday, September 29, 2016

Feelin' Fall

Just a beautiful autumn day here in the Pacific Northwest; sunny, cool, crisp - glorius! I think I am truly feeling fall. It was a bit chilly this morning, only 36 degrees at eight o'clock. No frost yet, but the chill spurred me into doing more harvesting from my garden beds. I have been very gently nursing the one good bell pepper along and I finally picked it this morning as well as some Havasu peppers, more tomatoes and finally some celery. My stalks of celery did not get large but there was enough to harvest for drying in the dehydrator, mostly for soups and stews later this winter.
Feeling fall in the craft room, too. Worked on a falling leaf "House Mouse" card. Will probably send to my Mom later this month. She likes the House Mouse cards I've previously made for her - hope this one will put a smile on her face.
This one was colored with colored pencils and blended with Gamsol. I am getting a bit more comfortable with my coloring, tho, I'm still no expert. I tried using some pan pastels for the blues and lavender in the background. Also used a Spellbinders fancy rectangle die for the white background and the design paper and sentiment stamp are from a Simon Says Stamp card kit.


My sister, Bonny, is also feeling fall. Her passion is home decor and she's so very talented.  She has begun her fall and Halloween decor in her lovely dining room. I'm sharing a few of her pictures - they look like she could be setting up a major magazine shoot! 
Beautiful, Bonny, love your work.





                 
                                                                   




                                                                       




2 comments:

  1. I see talent definitely runs in the family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I love what my sister has done. She just retired and is happy to have time to spend on her hobbies, too.

      Delete