Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Rains have returned

Wow, the evening and night of Labor Day the rains returned to western Washington in earnest. There is a low spot in front of our house that turned into a pond overnight. Even the schoolbus driver was amazed. I know summer is going to hang around but the rain really makes it seem like it's over. That and "back to school" signals fall, my favorite season. Love the rich warm colors of sweater weather, the falling leaves, apples, cider, pumpkins, turkey and stuffing; can't wait.
Our garden keeps producing. The peppers keep sending more fruit. I tried a new to me recipe - made bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers for DH on Sunday. It's something I've never before tasted and hubby says he hadn't either. How can you go wrong with bacon wrapped around anything???? Well, they were yummy but a few of the jalepenos were hot, hot, hot. Here's a picture. Mixed a bit of dry  ranch dressing mix in with the cream cheese because you know I can't leave anything alone. DH says - make them again.


Catching up of birthday cards, too. My granddaughter, Emily, turned 21 yesterday. The fun sentiment I put in her birthday card read "Adulthood is like looking both ways before crossing the street - and then getting hit by an airplane." She was amused, I think. Her birthday was the first of many for our family in September so I've been working on more. Here's one of the most recent. This one for a younger granddaughter.




2 comments:

  1. I love fall too Jean - hope there well be no more hot days. :) Your jalapeno poppers look wonderful - yum - and that card is just adorable - love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall too Jean - hope there well be no more hot days. :) Your jalapeno poppers look wonderful - yum - and that card is just adorable - love it. :)

    ReplyDelete