Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The "Good 'Ole Days" were a lot of work

Spent the last two days harvesting and preserving tomatoes........ it's very labor intensive.
Yesterday I put up six pints of salsa and then peeled and prepared enough tomatoes to fill a six quart slow cooker. After cooking down, my yield was three quarts and one half pint jar of rich thick tomato sauce. I'm still not finished with the tomato plants and should have enough coming ripe to make at least another batch of sauce. I did taste and it's so good and so different from the canned tomato sauce in the stores. I'm still happy with this learning experience; it is work but very gratifying.

Thought I'd share a Halloween card I made last week. Used the cut then print feature of my Cricut machine and a free cut image from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs. The design papers are from Paper Studio and bits from my scraps bin. Purple stars and spiders are HOTP Dazzles and the ribbon from my stash.  Halloween has always been a favorite holiday at our house. DH loved to dress up and decorate just as much as the kids and I do. I think we have calmed down a bit, maybe just grown up but I still enjoy sending cards to family and friends. One of my cat loving granddaughters will probably be the recipient of this one.





1 comment:

  1. Yup - the good ol' days WERE alot of work - just about all they did - sounds like you these days Jean. I am so impressed with all you've accomplished. Great card. :)

    ReplyDelete