Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Halloween is coming...

much more quickly than I had imagined. I have made a few new cards for this fun filled day and even got to crafting a new bottle for my apothecary shelf.  We have all our indoor Halloween decorations up. Our Jacob just loves them and has added the words "Halloween" and "Trick or Treat" to his growing vocabulary. It may not sound impressive but to us it's a major accomplishment. As well as being on the Autism spectrum he deals with speech apraxia and sensory processing disorders so every new achievement is something we celebrate with great fervor.
Our northwest weather has turned the corner. We had a frost this morning, not a heavy one but frost nonetheless. The harvesting of our garden is just about done. The last of the cayenne peppers are drying in the dehydrator but I still have tomatoes ripening on the windowsills and a few more on the vines yet to pick. Soon the work of preparing the beds for winter will begin.
Here are a few of the Halloween cards I'v been working on for some of the grandkids and the Spider Venom bottle I mentioned earlier in this post. Let me know what you think.

         


1 comment:

  1. Way to go Jacob with your fun new words!! :) I had to look up "apothecary" - cool looking bottle there - what else is on your shelf, antique medicinal bottles? My opinion on your Halloween card? I think it's adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete